A little more than a year ago, an article was published on thirty-six questions that were found to foster intimacy among pairs of strangers: 36 Questions to Fall in Love. The final task? Four minutes of staring into each others’ eyes.
In honor of this and Valentine’s Day, the Boola is proud to introduce:
36 Questions To Not Fall in Love
(In fact, you'll probably never want to talk to them again)
- At what age did you begin puberty?
- Describe one time you felt extremely out of shape.
- If you could be talking to anyone else instead of the person across from you, who would it be?
- If you could change a physical characteristic of your partner, what would it be?
- Describe a significant other that you’re still in love with. Alternatively, pick the attributes of your perfect companion that your partner does not have.
- Would you like to be taller?
- What sports do you know absolutely nothing about?
- What was your imaginary friend’s name?
- Name one way your parents have disappointed you.
- What’s your least favorite religion?
- What is the grossest thing that you’ve ever tasted?
- When did you last throw up? Why?
- How long did it take you to become potty-trained?
- In 15 years, describe what you would like your relationship with your mother to be like.
- Talk about your favorite kind of fishing for two minutes. Don’t be afraid to really dig into the nuances of fly-fishing.
- Give a summary of the most impressive book that you’ve pretended to read.
- What is one fact that you were extremely proud of in high school that is no longer relevant?
- What is the worst Tinder line that you’ve ever sent to someone?
- How many y’s after a “hey” is acceptable? Drunk? Sober?
- What’s your least favorite animal?
- Talk about how many goldfish you think you’ve owned in your life.
- Discuss why these goldfish are no longer here.
- Is your chair uncomfortable? Why? How could this be improved?
- Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?* (This is an actual question from the list of questions to fall in love. Somehow).
- Would you rather be an ugly genius or a hot moron? Which of these would you consider yourself to be now?
- Name 5 better things you could do with your time right now.
- Name a dessert that you dislike.
- When was the last time you complained to the waiter in a restaurant?
- What kind of socioeconomic inequality do you mind least?
- Name your guilty-pleasure Republican candidate.
- Have you ever clotheslined a biker? How often do you think about it?
- What is the most basic thing that you’ve done on social media?
- Show the other person the profile picture that you’re most proud of. Did you ask any of your friends to like this picture?
- Have your partner dance for you. Give them constructive criticism.
- What is your least favorite Pixar movie?
- Describe how your partner could be funnier.
Stare at your partner’s forehead for 4 minutes. Don’t break eye contact. Look extremely concerned if possible.