Sometimes they’re innocent, sometimes they’re not. Overheard at Yale, here are some of the things that break our hearts time and time again.
1. “What are you majoring in?”
Option 1: Undecided.
‘Cause I’m just good at everything, amiright?
Option 2: Nbd major in Blah de Blah of Blah with a concentration in MultivariablepolyBlah.
1 vs. 1 me, brah.
2. “How can my offspring get into Yale?”
To get into Yale, one must:
1) Write a ballad of love in three-part harmony.
2) Eat all of your neighbor’s gardenias.
3) Write a 12-volume chronicle of the rise and fall of Disney Channel.
4) Compete on Top Chef: Masters. Twice.
5) Speak Urdu with a Serbo-Croatian accent.
6) Ponder applying.
3. “Where else did you get in?”
4. “Nah, but seriously: Where else did you get in?”
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PARENTS, Y??
I chose Yale.
For old time’s sake…
5. “Do you know any celebrities?”
As flattering as it is that you think…ERMAGERD IS THAT JAMES FRANCO??
My sincere condolences to those living on Elm Street, High Street, and York Street. You are the few. The proud. The…you get the picture.
7. “Dining Hall: CLOSED”
Yale Dining: Y U PLAY THESE GAMES???
8. “And there…goes…the shuttle…”
Stare into Justin’s eyes. He knows your plight.
9. “Your package got sent to the Student Receiving Center on Prospect.”
Justin just gets you.
OMG! It’s like legos * flips hair, giggles, claps hands * but IMPOSSIBLE.
Also not included: comprehensible directions, power tools, moral support.
11. “P-set due tomorrow.”
Your social life
12. “I’m sorry. You are not connected to the internet.”
Just to spite Yale Secure, we’re going to post this ridiculous gif while we can. Deal with our flippant use of your internet, Yale.
13. “Have you ever been mugged?”
C’mon people. We were voted 4th most dangerous city in America THAT ONE TIME.
14. “MCDB? MBB? EEB?”
You probably don’t know what these mean because they’re:
15. “Wait. Where’s my ID?”
Oh the struggle. It literally could be anywhere. Good luck, my friends!
^You. Every time.
16. “Wait. What’s your name again?”
Dude, we’ve been through this like 10 times.
Just…just call me whatever you want.
17.”What’s your mascot, again? A moose?”
Unless you’re in Stiles, this is offensive.
That’s more like it.
Huck Farvard! BULLDOGS BULLDOGS BOW-WOW-WOW EEEEE-LIIIII YALE!