2015 was pretty momentous. The media, everyone on the internet and your relatives at Thanksgiving all took much more interest in Yale than they have in a while. But what comments and events around campus resonated with Yalies? From cold weather woes, puns and pups to poetry and Harvard rivalry, last year was great. Here are the top posts, by month, that we saw on Overheard at Yale. Enjoy!
J a n u a r y
1. Classic New England
2. This counts as cardio right?
F E B R U A R Y
3. Saving our butts (literally)
4. Shoutout to Ronnell Higgins. We appreciate you Sir
5. Stuffed and stood up
M A R C H
6. Yikes Saybrook #toosoon
7. Sasha pup is a star *heart eyes*
A P R I L
8. And a great job at that
9. On the bright side….congrats on making it to graduation!
M A Y
10. Keeping professors in the loop
J U N E
12. Selfie with the former president and maybe the first “First Man”?
J U L Y
13. They see me rollin’
14. It is pretty cute
A U G U S T
15. So punny
16. The Freshman 30
17. A well-received email
18. Good deeds
S E P T E M B E R
19. Someone introduce us to Sasha’s PR team
O C T O B E R
20. Paw-sitively funny joke
21. “The students are waiting. Your move, Yale”
22. Face palm
23. By our very own, Emi Mahmoud ??
24. But if it wasn’t an accident, would she have gone “tailgatin”?
N O V E M B E R
25. Yale’s reputation precedes it
26. Check twice, draw once
D E C E M B E R
29. HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIIIIIIIIIIDE!
30. ~sigh~ I’ve always loved Winnie the Pooh. So adorable and inspirational
Thanks to everyone who allowed us to use their posts!